Hello everyone, and welcome back to The Bookworm’s Fantasy! I hope you’re all doing well. Today I’m so excited to be posting my exclusive interview with author B.A. Paris on my blog! Those of you who read my blog regularly will know that I love B.A. Paris’ writing, and she is one of my favourite authors. So I was thrilled to get the chance to interview her! You can find my review for her latest novel, The Breakdown, here. Thanks so much to B.A. Paris for answering my questions! Keep reading…
About the Author
B.A. Paris is the author of two novels: ‘Behind Closed Doors’ (2016) and ‘The Breakdown’ (2017). Her upcoming novel, ‘Bring Me Back’, is due to be released in March 2018. Paris is from a Franco/Irish background and has lived in both France and England. She previously worked in an international bank, before re-training as a teacher and setting up a language school with her husband.
Thanks so much for agreeing to answer these questions for me! I’m a massive fan of your writing and am honoured to post this.
It’s a pleasure!
1) Could you summarise your books for us (Behind Closed Doors and The Breakdown)?
Behind Closed Doors is about a seemingly perfect couple, whose marriage has in fact gone disastrously wrong.
The Breakdown is about a young woman whose life spirals out of control after she takes a short cut home through the woods one stormy night.
2) I’m very excited to read your latest book! Can you tell us a bit more about your next release, Bring Me Back?
Bring Me Back tells the story of Finn, whose girlfriend disappears one night in France. Twelve years later, Finn begins receiving signs that she is back, and finds his past catching up with him.
3) What are you currently working on?
I’ve just started writing Book 4, which is another psychological thriller.
4) Can you tell me about your writing journey so far? When did you start writing? How did you manage to get your first novel published?
I started writing about nine years ago, in 2008. I started looking for an agent to represent me in 2011 and finally found one in 2014. Behind Closed Doors was published in 2016. It took a while – but I got there in the end!
5) Can you tell me a bit about your novel writing process, from start to finish? What stages are involved in writing a novel?
I always know how my novel will start and how it will finish. I’m not a planner, I just start writing and hope that my characters will lead me to the end that I want.
6) What would you say was the inspiration behind writing each of your novels (Behind Closed Doors, The Breakdown and Bring Me Back)?
My starting point is usually something that has happened to me – not for Behind Closed Doors, I hasten to add! For example, I was driving home one night during a storm and wondered what I would do if I came across a car that had broken down. That gave me the idea for The Breakdown. For Bring Me Back, we were parked at a service station in France and I wondered what would happen if my husband came back to the car and found me gone.
7) What are your biggest fears when releasing a book into the world?
That the readers who loved my other books will be disappointed in the latest one.
8) So, tell me a bit more about yourself! What are your hobbies and interests? What do you like to do in your spare time?
I don’t have much time for anything nowadays other than all things to do with writing. But as writing is what I love doing best, I don’t mind! When I’m not writing, I like to spend my time with my family. I also enjoy going to the theatre and eating out – all the good things in life!
9) Have you read anything interesting recently?
Yes, East of Hounslow by Khurrum Rahman. It’s a very different type of psychological thriller and I loved it.
10) Do you have any tips or pieces of advice for budding authors?
Yes. Never, ever give up. If I can do it, anyone can!
Happy reading 🙂