Hello everyone, and welcome back to The Bookworm’s Fantasy! I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and have a wonderful 2020. Today I’m posting my top 5 anticipated book releases for this year. I’m also going to be recapping my most anticipated book releases for 2019 that I posted this time last year (you can find that here), reflecting on how those books measured up – or if I even ended up reading them at all! So, here goes…
Reflecting on my Top 5 Anticipated Book Releases for 2019.
- The first book on my list was ‘Sleep’ by C.L. Taylor. I was lucky enough to receive this as an ARC, and I took part in the blog tour – you can find that post here. Although this book is very different to Taylor’s other adult thrillers, I really enjoyed it and felt that it was excellently written.
- The second book on my most anticipated reads list was ‘The Evidence Against You’ by Gillian McAllister. I was sent an ARC, but I’m sorry to report that I really didn’t enjoy it and never ended up finishing the book. This one was a bit of a disappointment.
- Another book on my most anticipated reads list was ‘Crushed’ by Kate Hamer. I was lucky enough to be sent an ARC, but again, I really didn’t enjoy this book and never ended up finishing it.
- ‘After The End’ by Clare Mackintosh also made my list. I never actually got around to reading this book – hopefully I’ll get chance this year…
- And finally, the last book on my list was ‘The Runaway’ by Hollie Overton. I didn’t purchase or read this in 2019 unfortunately, but I did just get this book for Christmas – so I will definitely be reading it this year!
Top 5 Anticipated Book Releases: 2020.
Little Disasters by Sarah Vaughan.
You think you have the perfect family.
But everything can be broken.
Liz and Jess have been friends for ten years, ever since they both started a family. But how well do they really know each other?
When Jess arrives at hospital with a story that doesn’t add up, Liz is the doctor on call.
Jess has devoted her life to family and home. But she is holding so many secrets.
As the truth begins to emerge, Liz is forced to question everything she thought she knew: about Jess, and about herself.
When something feels so personal, how do you stay professional?
Release Date: 2nd April 2020 (Hardcover)
Strangers by C.L. Taylor.
Ursula, Gareth and Alice have never met before.
Ursula thinks she killed the love of her life.
Gareth’s been receiving strange postcards.
And Alice is being stalked.
None of them are used to relying on others – but when the three strangers’ lives unexpectedly collide, there’s only one thing for it: they have to stick together. Otherwise, one of them will die.
Three strangers, two secrets, one terrifying evening.
Release Date: 2nd April 2020 (Hardcover)
I Made A Mistake by Jane Corry.
YOU DIDN’T MEAN TO DO IT.
IT WAS ONLY ONCE.
BUT NOW HE’S DEAD, AND SOMEONE HAS TO PAY . . .
In Poppy Page’s mind, there are two types of women in this world: those who are faithful to their husbands, and those who are not. Until now, Poppy has never questioned which she was.
But when handsome, charming Matthew Gordon walks back into her life after almost two decades, that changes. Poppy makes a single mistake – and that mistake will be far more dangerous than she could imagine.
Someone is going to pay for it with their life . . .
Release Date: 28th May 2020 (Paperback)
Lies You Told by Harriet Tyce.
Has she left her child in the care of a killer?
Sadie has moved back to London so her daughter can attend the exclusive school her domineering father has secured her a place at. It’s highly sought-after and highly competitive – just like the other mothers, Sadie soon discovers.
While she’s trying to get her daughter settled and navigate the fraught politics of the school gate, Sadie is also trying to reclaim a position in her old legal chambers – she used to practice as a criminal barrister. She’s given the junior brief on a scandalous case involving a male teacher and his student. It’s an opportunity to prove herself, but will she let a dangerous flirtation cloud her professional judgement? And will her sudden close friendship with another mother prevent her from seeing the truth – and the threat that she’s inviting into her home?
Release Date: 11th June 2020 (Hardcover)
Keep Her Quiet by Emma Curtis.
One night. One fateful act. Four lives changed for ever.
Jenny has just given birth to the baby she’s always wanted. She’s never been this happy.
Her husband, Leo, knows this baby girl can’t be his. He’s never felt so betrayed.
The same night, a vulnerable young woman, Hannah, wakes to find her newborn lifeless beside her. She’s crazed with grief.
When chance throws Hannah into Leo’s path, they make a plan that will change all of their lives, with shattering consequences.
Years later, a sixteen-year-old girl reads an article in a newspaper, and embarks on a journey to uncover the truth about herself. But what she learns will put everything she has ever known – and her own life – in grave danger. Because some people will go to desperate lengths to protect the secrets their lives are built on . . .
Release Date: 17th September 2020 (Paperback)
Happy reading 🙂